Monday, May 1, 2017

*A special shoutout to my friend group*

    No, this will not be a normal post, but I am gonna try my best to give advice.
As my freshman year came to a close I looked back at all the great things I did as well as all the friends I made. After realizing how incredibly blessed I truly am I realized something. Not a single one of my friends are alike and that's the best part about them. These next few minutes I'm going to take the time to describe why you need friends like the ones I have in college. If I leave you out- know that you are still so incredibly special to me and thank you so much for making this year so easy for me.

Get you a friend like Michelle: Michelle, you truly gave the best advice I could ask for. In the darkest of times you always helped me find a light in the darkest of places.

Get you a friend like Mason: Mason, thank you for never failing to make me laugh hysterically even on a bad day. You always reminded me that even in hard times, people always have it worse. (i.e. Pre-Med majors)

Get you a friend like Mitchell: Mitchell, you understood me so well even when we did not always see eye-to-eye. You were always there to just listen to me vent even if you were so annoyed with me I would never know, because you just wanted to help me.

Get you a friend like Jake: Jake, thank you for helping me through one of the hardest days of my freshman year. When my dad lost his job, you were the first person I went to for advice, because I knew you'd be there to help. You are one of the few people to ever pray over me too, which was a big deal.

Get you a friend like Bekah: Bekah, you have a servants heart and you love the Lord so much and I love that about you. Every time I'm around you, you just lift me up and put a smile on my face and for that I will always be grateful.

Get you a friend like Lexi: Lexi, I don't even know how to describe you, so just thank you for all the laughs and for just being your sarcastic self. You make me laugh like no ones business.

Get you a friend like Kenna: Kenna, thanks for putting up with all my roommate shenanigans and late night study sessions. We both road the struggle bus with our 9ams but at least we road it together.

Get you a friend like Cierra: Cierra, thank you for letting me relate to you so much and allowing me to camp out in your room till all hours of the night.

Get you a friend like Sara: Sara, you are my forever friend and I'm so thankful for that. You became my best friend within just 9 short months. You have made me laugh until I have tears in my eyes and you are a great listener (even when sometimes you aren't listening and you reply to what I said 10 minutes later)


I guess the moral of this post is just to show examples of some of the great friends you can make in college. You need to surround yourself with people who will lift you up through all the good and the bad times and will never tear you down. From the second I stepped onto campus freshman year, I realized that this would be my home for 4 years and I was destined for greatness. Little did I know that y'all would be a big part of my greatness.

So here's to freshman year and here's to the next 3 years together filled with more adventures and laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment